Dallas is an area that is renowned for it beautiful real estate. While you are likely excited to start touring homes, you should also do some research before you select a mortgage company.
What is important to look for when you are choosing a mortgage company in Dallas or elsewhere in Texas? Let’s go over some key considerations.
Tips Before Buying a New Home
- Choose a broker, not a lender. First of all, make sure that you are working with a mortgage broker. A broker is different from a direct lender. In fact, a broker has access to an entire network of lenders. Reaching through that network, a broker can help you to quickly track down the most competitive rates for mortgages in TX. In doing so, the broker saves you a great deal of time and hard work. You can then focus on searching for the perfect home to buy.
- Go with a company that understands the local real estate market. The Texas real estate market is a competitive one, especially in the Dallas area, where there are many desirable properties, but also a lot of demand. Our Owner & CEO, Martha Walters, was a top producer as a real estate agent for getting into mortgages. The experience she gained while working in real estate allows her and her team to offer valuable perspective and advice to borrowers regarding the real estate end of things. We also understand the challenges of competing with other homebuyers for properties in Dallas and other locations in Texas, and are committed to helping you close fast.
- Choose a mortgage company in TX that can find a solution for every obstacle. Not every homebuyer comes to us with a perfect credit score, enough money to afford a 20% down payment, or a regular 9-5 job. When big box lenders encounter obstacles, they will often send customers right back out the door. But that is not the case with New Frontier Financial Inc. Because we work with a large network of lenders, we also are able to offer a large selection of lending products to meet all needs. Customers without perfect credit scores, for example, might consider applying for FHA or VA mortgages, which are flexible government-insured loans with affordable rates. These and conventional loans can have low down payments. For our self-employed borrowers and others without traditional incomes, we offer non-QM mortgages. You do not need to have a W-2 form to apply for a non-QM mortgage. In need of fast, short-term financing to purchase an investment property? A hard money loan or a fix and flip loan may be ideal for your needs.
- Work with a Dallas mortgage broker that will help you understand the mortgage process. You might know exactly what you are looking for in a mortgage, or you may have no idea. Either way, you should work with a company that answers your questions thoroughly and educates you about options you may not know that you have. Answering questions and walking customers through the process of choosing and applying for a mortgage is something we really enjoy at New Frontier Financial Inc. It is rewarding to bring clarity to the process and to know that we are helping customers to make smart financial decisions that are going to save them money.
- Choose a broker that offers first-class customer service. Every bit as important as all of the criteria above is the quality of the customer service you receive from a Dallas mortgage broker. Here at New Frontier Financial Inc., we know you are making one of the biggest decisions of your life. It means a lot to us that you are trusting us with that process. You deserve the very best we can offer, now and over the lifetime of your loan, and we will go above and beyond to make sure you have a great experience.
Work With New Frontier Financial Inc. on Your
Now you know what criteria are important to look for when you are choosing a mortgage company in Dallas. New Frontier Financial Inc. can help you purchase or refinance in Dallas, Fort Worth, Waco, or anywhere else in the state of Texas. To get started now, please give us a call at (469) 886-8300 to schedule your consultation.